Being a landlord can be a full time job, especially if you manage an entire building or small community of homes. If you have a lot of outside obligations beyond your role as landlord, the daily tasks of maintenance, marketing and paperwork can quickly overwhelm you. That’s why Scott Safadi of Cal Bay Property Management advocates for landlords handing the reigns over to an experienced property manager. Here are five reasons to hire a property manager today:
1. More free time. If you’re seriously considering hiring a property manager, this is probably on the front of your mind already. You’ve got enough to do without having to answer phone calls and emails all hours of the day and night. Hire a professional, and you’ll no longer have to struggle with your work/life balance. You’ll sleep easy at night, knowing you’re in good hands.
2. Higher quality tenants. Because a professional property manager has the experience and time to devote to screening tenants, you’ll see a huge boost in the quality of the folks living on your property. A good property manager will perform the background checks, interviews and reference checks needed to understand what a tenant is really life. When is the last time you had the chance to do all of that?
3. Fewer legal issues to worry about. A good property management company is updated on all the latest landlord-tenant laws and can easily navigate the legal waters when challenged by a tenant. Hiring an expert property manager means resting assured that you’re taken care of, from a legal perspective.
4. Fewer maintenance worries. As a landlord, you’re aware of all the things around your property that need maintained. From the lawn to the dishwasher to the plumbing system, it seems like one thing or another is always breaking down. A good property manager can oversee necessary maintenance chores and is usually in touch with excellent contractors they can call over at a moment’s notice.
5. No more faking it ’til you make it. Many landlords find themselves thrust into their job with little experience or background in the industry. By hiring a property manager, you hire an ally with the expertise you need to be successful.
So what are you waiting for? Start researching area property management companies before you need one!
– Scott Safadi, Cal Bay Property Management